Community Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired would like to inform you of your transportation options throughout San Joaquin County. These resources are accessible to persons with disabilities and seniors. Information posted here is subject to change without notice. Please notify us here to report a broken link.
San Joaquin Regional Transit District (RTD), and the cities of Escalon, Lodi, Manteca, Ripon and Tracy offer ADA complementary paratransit services, discounted fares, deviated fixed routes and more. You have many choices regarding your transportation plans:
San Joaquin Regional Transit District (RTD) (209) 943-1111; www.sanjoaquinrtd.com
• Stockton Metro Service (fixed route)
• Metro Hopper Service (deviated fixed route throughout Stockton Metro Area)
• County Hopper Service (deviated fixed routes serving Stockton, Lathrop, Manteca, Tracy, Ripon)
• Intercity Service (fixed route between Downtown Transit Center and Lodi Transportation Station)
• Commuter Service
(serves Downtown Transit Center, Lathrop, Tracy Transit Center)
• eTrans (door-to-door dial-a-ride service throughout the City of Escalon with connections to Riverbank)
• Intercity Route 1 (service between downtown Escalon and northwest Modesto)
• GrapeLine (fixed route)
ADA Paratransit Services (for ADA certified passengers)
• VineLine (General Public Dial-A-Ride Demand Response Services)
• Manteca Transit (fixed route)
• Manteca Transit Dial-A-Ride (serves City of Manteca within city limits)
• Manteca Transit ADA Complementary Paratransit (deviates up to ¾ of miles of fixed routes to pick up ADA certified passengers)
• Fixed route with ¾ mile deviation upon request throughout the City of Ripon and limited stops in Modesto (connects with RTD)
• TRACER Fixed Route
• TRACER Paratransit (serves ADA certified passengers within City of Tracy city limits)
• Paratransit Subsidized Taxi Service (for ADA certified passengers during non-operating TRACER Paratransit service)
Transportation Network Companies (TNC)
Private Transportation Services
• Covenant Transportation (209) 373-7051
• Dignity Transportation (209) 688-3452
• Imperial Transportation Services (209) 910-4644
• KJ Quality Transportation (209) 235-1647
• Kumars Transport (209) 234-0377
• Rjr Transportation (209) 858-7124
• Shifah Taxi and Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (510) 935-1177
• USA Non Medical Transportation (209) 464-1749
• Vantage Transportation (209) 475-0708
• Vm Transport Inc. (209) 234-8196
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What if I am outside of the Stockton city limits? How does public transportation work from other cities in San Joaquin County?
A. The cities of Escalon, Lodi, Manteca, Ripon and Tracy offer fixed and deviated fixed routes, and paratransit services that connect with RTD. RTD provides fixed, deviated fixed (Metro and County Hopper) and complementary paratransit services to get you to your destination. RTD Van Go! offers mobility on demand trips from rural areas to connect with RTD. Passengers also may ride the RTD Commuter Service between the Tracy Transit Station and the RTD Downtown Transit Center.
Q. What does ADA certified mean?
ADA certified means a person is, due to his/her disability, unable to perform the skills necessary to use fixed route services. Persons interested in becoming ADA certified must obtain certification under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) through an application process. RTD and the cities of Lodi, Manteca and Tracy currently implement separate processes. Visit http://sanjoaquinrtd.com/ada/
Q. What is proper etiquette for riding the bus?
A. Always confirm with the coach operator that you are boarding the correct bus, especially if more than one route stops at a bus stop. Pay your fare or show your pass; tell the operator the stop at which you’d like to disembark. Best practice is to sit in the seat closest to the door—not behind the driver; however, this is a matter of personal preference.
Q. Where can I find transportation apps for my phone?
For more information . . .
CCBVI staff will assist with developing a personalized path just for you. We want you to feel comfortable knowing independence is at your fingertips. For more information, call (209) 466-3836, extension 201 to schedule an appointment with our Case Manager.